Saturday 7 June 2008

The Pro Circuit?

So whats all this talk about the Pro circuit? Well for you guys who have been following my posts you will know that I would like to experience the sanctioned Tournaments. The hobby leagues are worth looking forward to but I'd love to take a dig at the 'real time'.

My posts on creativity were a kind of hint as I will be looking at the individual values I feel I will need in order to take a serious placing spot in any kind of tournament. I feel i can be quite childish at times.

The creativity 'factor' is quite important. No-one wants to play a net deck. People will definatly see originality as a strong value, rather than the un-original win mongering losers who net deck (Opinion).

With that in mind i have been searching for ideas taking inspiration from various sources. Alas I have nothing yet but I am sure there will be something buzzing in my head by the end of the day.

Another factor I feel is very important is to be graceful in defeat. None of this 'give me your deck #I want to read the cards you played' stuff. Or going back through the game in your head calculating everything that happened to see if he cheated. To see if you maybe still had a chance. People at tournaments that cheat can go sit in the corner for all i care. All i care about is that i played to the best of my ability and that they enjoyed playing against me. I am not what some people may call 'hardcore'.

Anyway, UDE has begun to release preview upon preview of MUN and my god most of these cards look really really nice. I really hope it's released before the build a legend tournament my club is hosting on the 21st (post a comment for more info!). That way i can build a Warbound deck! Which is the team i am leaning towards for this new set.

So maybe i do know what deck i would make for the Modern age sets... the funny thing is that this post wasn't meant to do that. Strange what the brain will do when your in a mood for typing. The great thing is I've finished college so know i can focus alot more time on VS. So If you guys think I am just going to fall off the side of the world never to write about VS again. You are mistaken.

I am going to attend as many sanctioned Tournaments as possible. and soon you will see my name popping up around! As either the worst player or a placer! Either way I will be happy =]

Chris McPhee

No comments: