Friday 6 June 2008

The Blogopshere Quiz!

So someone has finally completed the quiz and i could not be happier. This really does reflect to the creativity I was talking about in a previous post!
The people of the VS network really do work and play together and I feel great about being part of a community that understands my unnatural needs to play with cards with superheroes.

So let me talk about my girlfriend, Katie. Katie has been a large inspiration in my life, the past couple of years she has backed me in anything i have ever wanted to do. She's shown an interest in all my hobbies. However, she is not the most creative person. But does this mean she can't construct a deck?

You'd think, "nah, she's a nooby, she won't be able to play the game, let alone create a deck". But surprise she has made a curve deck that works really well. The creativity the VS system seems to push upon its unsuspecting players is profound and i feel we as a unbound community we some of the most creative people in the world. The $10k decks, the humble hobby league decks. Anything that is created by a player will always be creative regardless of its 'winnability'

So what do you people consider creative? The net decks? Originality? I consider it all Creative.

but is this all that a TCG player should be? Lets face it, not all of us are gracious in defeat. There is also being nice, nobody likes an annoying angry player. This was primarily what made me avoid the larger Tournaments but theres an experience i have been lacking. And i really want to see the real tournaments that i haven't attended.

So like a quite mouse, scared of the outside world. I have decided to scurry out in search of that cheese that has so eluded me for a time. So bring on the creative blocks, the struggles and disappointment. Because eventually, i will reach the higher places much like the winners of those large tournaments.

Chris McPhee

No comments: